XML Sitemaps Manager
The light-weight XML Sitemaps Manager allows you to de/activate WordPress core XML sitemaps, change the maximum number of URLs per sitemap and add Last Modified dates.
- Otions to disable the complete sitemap index or exclude certain post type sitemaps, taxonomy sitemaps or the user sitemap.
- Change the maximum number of URLs in the sitemaps.
- Add Last Modified dates to posts, terms, users and the first sitemap of each type in the index.
- Conditional is_sitemap(), ticket, and is_sitemap_stylesheet() for good measure.
- Multisite compatible: Can be network activated. On uninstallation, all sub-site options will be cleared from the database as long as not is_large_network().
- Additional fixes and improvents to the core XML Sitemap.
Fixes some core XML Sitemap bugs: – 404 Response code on certain sitemaps, ticket. – Don’t set is_home() true, ticket. – Don’t execute main query, ticket. – Ignore stickyness, ticket.
Improves core XML Sitemap performance by reducing the number of database queries for: – the sitemap index by 5; – each post type sitemap by 4; – each taxonomy sitemap by the number of terms in that sitemap; – each user sitemap by the number of users in that sitemap.
Privacy / GDPR
There is no data published that was not already public. There is no data actively transmitted to search engines or other third parties.
If you’re happy with this plugin as it is, please consider writing a quick rating or helping other users out on the support forum.
If you wish to help improve this plugin, you’re very welcome to translate it into your language or contribute code on Github.
Credits to all users actively discussing and contributing code to Sitemap component bugs, explicitly to @Tkama for suggesting to render the sitemaps at the parse_request action hook.