Force Update Check for Plugins and Themes
Force Update Check for Plugins and Themes forces WordPress to run a theme and plugin update check whenever you visit the WordPress updates page (
Force Update Check Features:
- Automatic checks (no need to click the “check again” button)
- No configurations or settings page
- Eliminates action for developer or QA
- Get new features and security patches faster
How it works
By default, WordPress checks for updates approximately every 12 hours. This plugin clears the theme/plugin updates cache and triggers a new update check each time the updates page is visited.
When activated on your site it runs automatically and has no configurations page or settings to worry about. Each time you visit the updates page WordPress will run a new check.
Force Update Check for Plugins and Themes is specifically a plugin and theme check and will not force a WordPress core update check.
Third-party plugins and themes that do not update from the WordPress.org repository may not be cleared by the Force Update Check for Plugins and Themes plugin. If the plugin or theme does not update via the WordPress.org repository, and forcing an update check with this plugin does not work, check with your plugin or theme developer for a force check option.
Looking for more simple developer tools?
Aspen Grove Studios has built a whole bunch of add-ons, services, plugins and themes and are committed to quality code that follows WordPress best practices. Check out some of our other developer favorites and don’t forget to leave a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review to help others in the community decide.
- WP Layouts – Organize, import, and export your theme layouts from the cloud
- Replace Image – Keep the same URL when uploading to the WordPress media library
- Potent Donations for WooCommerce – Acceptance donations through your WooCommerce store Enjoy!