This plugin is part of a suite of plugins created by Vernon Systems Ltd., which give you the power to embed eHive functionality into your WordPress website.
This plugin gives you the ability to add eHive search functionality to your website. When added to your site the eHive Search plugin allows your site’s visitors to search for eHive Objects. Search results can be displayed as a list view, lightbox view or both. You can optionally add an account and/or community filter in the eHive Access plugin’s options page so that your site returns Object Records from the given account and/or community only.
You can configure the search options to display your choice of fields for the search results summary.
Before you install this plugin you will need to install the eHive Access plugin.
Get more from the eHive plugin suite
To enhance the experience you offer your users you can also install the eHive Object details plugin to allow your users to click all the way through to view the Object Records in detail. Furthermore, you can add the eHive Search widget and give your visitors the option to search eHive on every page, not just the page where you have added the plugin’s shortcode.
While eHive search will function and return results without the eHive Object Details plugin, it is likely that you will want to install the eHive Object Details plugin so your users can click through and view an Object Record in detail.
Other plugins in the suite include:
- eHive Account Details – A plugin for displaying eHive account information.
- eHive Object Comments – Enables users to add comments to Object Records from your site.
- eHive Object Details – A plugin for displaying Object Record detail pages.
- eHive Objects Image Grid – Displays a grid of images from eHive filtered by certain criteria.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud – Displays a tag cloud from eHive.
- eHive Objects Gallery widget – Provides a gallery of Object Records that can be placed in your sites widget areas.
- eHive Object Tags widget – A widget that displays tags for an Object Record.
- eHive Objects Tag Cloud widget – Allows you to display a tag cloud in a widget area on your site.
- eHive Search widget – A widget plugin that provides access to eHive Search from a widget.