EG-Attachments add a new shortcode attachements. This shortcode can be used with many options. But you don’t need to know all of these options, because the plugin is “TinyMCE integrated” : from the post editor, just click on the EG-Attachments button, and a window allows you to choose documents to display, title of the list, size of icons … Nothing to learn.
You can insert the shortcode by hand if you want, or use it in a template using the do_shortcode function.
An another way is to activate option auto shortcode that automaticaly adds the list of attachments, where you want in your posts or pages.
The list includes, for each attachments:
- Icon size,
- Sort order,
- Document type,
- Document list,
- Title of the list,
- Label of each document,
- Fields to display (caption, description, date, type, …),
- Type of link to attachments: permalink, or direct link to the file,
- Force “Save as” (rather than display document),
- Dave for the “custom style” feature,
- Rebekah for her video tutorial
- Luca Maida for his comments on HTML standards compliance
- Roberto Scano for his help on debugging, and ideas for new features (tags for example)
- David Lingren for his help on debugging
The plugin comes up with 10 translations. Two translations are completed for the version 2.0.3:
- English (EN) – Emmanuel
- French (FR) – Emmanuel,
Thanks to the following people for their contributions, on the previous versions:
- Arabic (AR) – Mahmoud Ahmed,
- Belarusian (BY) – Fatcow,
- Czech (CZ) – Josef šabata,
- Dutch (NL) – Rene at WP webshop,
- German (DE) – DesignContext,
- Irish (GA) – Vikas Arora,
- Italian (IT) – Luca Maida and Roberto Scano,
- Spanish (ES) – David Arinez,
- Polish (PL) – Mariusz Szatkowski,
- Romanian (RO) – Armand Coveanu,
- Russian (RU) – Semyon Nikiforov,
- Swedish (SE) – Jonas Floden
If you want to help to translate the plugin to your language, please have a look at the eg_attachments.pot file which contains all definitions and may be used with a gettext editor like Poedit (Windows).
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send gettext .po and .mo files to me so that I can bundle it into the plugin.
- The icon of the plugin in the WordPress’ plugins repository is from Ionicons. MIT license